Massages are much more than just relaxing. In fact, our natural instincts turn to them in our moments of need. This is the reason that you massage your own sore muscles. As an added bonus, there are numerous health benefits associated with a massage. Massages come in a variety of lengths and styles, so even people with very hectic lifestyles can take advantage of this health-boosting technique.
1. Massages Can Alleviate HeadachesWhether you have a tension-type headache or suffer from migraines, medical research has proven that regular massages can help reduce or even eliminate this painful problem. My new SRT (Structural Relief Therapy) technique is quite helpful with decreasing headaches.
2. Massages Soothe and Relax the BodyA Swedish massage offers the right amount of pressure for each individual to soothe your achy muscles. If your body is tight from a tense week at the office, this massage styles is a good way to relax.
3. Massages Reduce Joint PainJoint pain is a common issue that is experienced by everyone from pregnant women to fibromyalgia sufferers. Receiving a regular massage will relieve this pain. In fact, many medical professionals refer patients with joint pain to a licensed massage therapist.
4. Massages Can Dramatically Reduce AnxietyMany Americans have some form of anxiety, and this can be borderline emotionally crippling at times. Anxiety is even responsible for almost one-third of the nation’s total mental health expenses. The good news is that massage can cut your body’s level of stress hormones in half, which will alleviate the symptoms of anxiety.
5. Massages Promote FlexibilityMost people are not nearly as flexible as they would like to be, and this often causes uncomfortable stiffness. Fortunately, a good Thai massage is tailored toward making it easier to increase your flexibility.
6. Massage Increases Energy LevelsDo you often feel drained by the end of your workday? Swedish massages will relax you, but they are also known for making the receiver feel more energetic throughout the rest of the day.
7. Massage Relieves InsomniaAt any given time, one-third of adults are experiencing a bout of insomnia, so it is no surprise that people are constantly looking for ways to improve their quality of sleep. Sleep studies have shown a very strong link between weekly massages and reduced insomnia. This is extremely important when you consider the many health issues that are caused by a lack of sleep, including a weakened immune system and a greater risk of depression.
8. Massage Combats StressChronic stress increases your risk of contracting cancer, heart disease, cirrhosis of the liver and lung ailments. Additionally, it is responsible for many accidents and suicides. In other words, stress is quite literally killing some people, but you do not have to remain so stressed out. Instead, you can take advantage of the stress-busting benefits of massage therapy.
9. Boost Your Immune System with MassagesEveryone can benefit from a boosted immune system, especially people who typically deal with several minor illnesses every year. Getting a massage weekly or biweekly is a great way to strengthen your immune system.
10. Massage will Lower Your Blood PressureIf you have issues with high blood pressure, then scheduling regular massages is definitely a good idea. Individuals with a hectic lifestyle and high blood pressure can benefit from as little as a 10 minute chair massage once a week. Mobile massage therapists can actually bring Chair Massage to you at the office.
11. Increase Your Blood Circulation with MassagesMassages help your blood circulation, and this offers a long list of benefits. For example, if you have any health conditions that slow down your blood circulation, massage will provide healthier skin, better organ functionality and improved cell growth. Better circulation speeds healing of wounds and bruising also.
Now that you understand more about the many health benefits of massage, it is important to make time for this useful practice in your busy lifestyle. Keep in mind that a lot of the stress, tension and pain that you feel from being on the go all the time will diminish after each massage. It is also wise to remember that putting your health first is the best way to live a long and happy life. Go ahead, book your massage today!
What Our Clients Are Saying
Christy B. says:
"Not only does Vicki do an amazing job relaxing you, she also is great at recommending other outside sources that may help you all around. She is definitely one I’ll be bringing my business to on a regular basis."